Bless This Mess Book Talk! ~ First Church Berkeley UCC, Berkeley CA, Friday August 24, 7pm
Maiden voyage of my new book, co-authored with Dr. Ellen O’Donnell! Straight talk, “real-play” and actionable helps for parents, grandparents and anyone who works with children and teens. Bless This Mess: A Modern Guide to Faith and Parenting in a Chaotic World [out August 6 from Penguin/Random House] offers an entirely new parenting paradigm based in science and a truly progressive Christian faith, and gives parents tools to handle tricky subjects and situations like money, racism, sexuality, substances and more.
Invite friends and neighbors; post this event to parenting listservs and school lists! The book is not just for Christians, but anyone who wants to stress less and raise more spiritually grounded kids with proven strategies.
Talk is at 7pm in Loper Chapel on the campus of First Church Berkeley UCC, at the corner of Dana and Durant Streets. Free parking onsite.
Silver Lake Conference Center, Sharon CT ~ June 30-July 6, 2019
Congregational Leadership for the 21st Century, Southern IL Conference UCC ~ September 13, 2019
I’ll be warming up for Traci Blackmon (!) offering the good UCC folk of Southern IL inspiration and strategies for being church that is real and responsive to a turbulent, topsy-turvy world.
Learn What Molly Can Do!
What topics is Molly available to discuss?
Sample workshops offered (all customizable…and about 60-75 minutes each):
- The New Stewardship: Church Giving and Generosity for All Ages
- Bought and Souled: Faith, Finances and Wholeheartedness
- Church for All Ages: Reaching Millennials, Families and Children
- Creative Worship: Real Good Church
- Church Conflict and Change Leadership
- Radical Orthodoxy: The Church in Disruption and Change
- Physical Plant: the Building as Outreach
- Let’s Panic About Evangelism and Hospitality
- Bless This Mess: Progressive Christian Parenting Strategies
- Standing Naked Before God: Testimony as Spiritual Formation and Growth Strategy
…or together we can develop new topics customized to the needs of your setting! Such as: politics and preaching, progressive Christian parenting, etc.
Is Molly available for Retreats?
How much does it cost to have Molly speak?
- Workshops within a 30-minute drive: $200-$250/hour, depending on topic and prep time
- Overnight conferences/retreats where I am just one of several things going on: $1000-2000, $500 each additional night
- Overnight conferences/retreats, where I am leading worship/multiple activities: $2500-4500, for 2-3 days
- Keynote address: $2000-3500, depending on topic and prep time
- Webinars: $200-250, depending on topic and prep time
- Coaching fee: $150/hour by phone or Skype [only by formal arrangement, with a coaching contract]
- Q&A with a local area church committee after they’ve read the book: $150/hour
Plus other expenses: mileage expenses (airfare and ground transportation, or mileage reimbursement) and meals